Notice of AGM must be provided not less than 21 days prior to the AGM. Nominations close not less than 10 days prior. Open positions must be posted no later than 5 days prior.
AGM Notice Posted on website: Thursday, October 12, 2023
Nominations Close: Monday, October 23, 2023 @ 12:00 pm
Nomination Committee Report: Saturday, October 28, 2023
AGM: 7:00 pm, Thursday, November 2, 2023, at the
Council Chambers, Strathcona County Hall
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Sherwood Park Titans Lacrosse Association
The annual general meeting of the Sherwood Park Titans Lacrosse Association will be held on Thursday, November 2, 2023, at 7:00 pm. The Meeting will be held in the Council Chambers at Strathcona County Hall, #2001 Sherwood Dr, Sherwood Park, Alberta T8A 3W7.
Nominations for Board positions will be accepted until 12:00 pm on October 23, 2023. Nominations must be submitted in writing, including the nominee’s consent to accept the nomination, to Rene Couturier, Vice President at email@example.com
Positions not up for election:
Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary are going into the 2nd yr of a 2 year term.
The following positions are open for nomination for the 2023/24 season:
Executive Board Members (2 year terms)
General Board Members (1 year term)
- Coaching Development Director
- Equipment Director
- Merchandise Director
- Tournament Director - Titans Classic
- Tournament Director - Rock The North
- Bingo Chairperson
Age Division Directors (1 year term)
- U7 Director
- U9 Director
- U11 Director
- U13 Director
- U15 Director
- U17 Director
- Female Division Director (U11 to U17)
NON VOTING POSITION (1 year term *appointed by the board)
- Scheduler (this position will potentially be a paid position)
NON VOTING POSITION (1 year term *appointed by the board)
PROPOSED BYLAW AMENDMENTS
On behalf of the Titans Executive, we respectfully submit the following proposed ALA Bylaw amendments for approval by the membership at the Annual General Meeting. Please find attached the current Sherwood Park Titans Bylaws passed October 23, 2011 in addition to a copy of the Sherwood Park Titans Bylaws with proposed changes to the format/numbering system and other proposed changes highlighted in yellow.
Any questions can be directed to to Rene Couturier, Vice- President at firstname.lastname@example.org
ROLE DESCRIPTIONS OF BOARD MEMBERS:
- Must have been a Titans board member for 1 year previous to being nominated
- Attend (full day) pre season planning meetings at the GELC with all other club presidents
- Attend regular meetings at GELC with other clubs
- Organize and chair Titans board meetings ( aprox one a month Jan- July )
- Create agendas
- Pick dates
- Inform Titans board of updates from GELC/ ALA and season information
- Create and oversee sub committees as needed for the Titans
- Work with board members to create come try it events and lacrosse promotions
- Coordinate communications to the membership - review communications
- Receive feedback from surveys and coach reviews
- Attend Titan discipline committee meetings at GELC
- Responsible for setting up the registration system for the season and opening registration when it goes live.
- Set up the questions and acknowledgments for the registration page
- During the registration, this person is available to help with any registration questions, while governing that all registrations that come in fulfill the criteria for a player to play within our club guidelines
- Monitor the registrations for incoming or outgoing player transfers
- Monitor the staff registrations, executive registrations and other volunteer registrations to confirm the required CRC’s, VCRC’s etc are completed and attached.
- Work hand in hand with the treasurer to make sure all payments are processed from the registrations.
- Coordinate the credits/discounts to be attached to any player registrations with the treasurer according to the bylaws.
- Responsible for canceling any registrations due to injury or any other issues.
- Responsible for closing and shut down the registrations for the year once the cut off has occurred.
- Create a budget for the next season
- Report on current financials
- Manage payments for season
- Collect and disburse funds
- Maintain accurate financial records
- Record keeping
- Financial reporting for annual return - under the AB societies act
There is one Director for each of the Association’s age group divisions: U7; U9; U11; U13; U15; U17; Female U11-U17. The Director is responsible for the organization, implementation, disciplinary actions and oversight of the lacrosse program in their respective division. Duties include but are not limited to:
- PRE season
- Receive the names of coaches who have applied to your division from the Coach Development Director
- Review the number of registrations to see how many potential teams you may have to create
- Review any friend requests (only divisions 7U and 9U)
- Update your division tab on the web page with preseason information
- Promote the sport of lacrosse and encourage new and returning registrants
- Liaise with the Registrar to determine registration numbers and the number of teams required.
- Liaise with the Evaluation Coordinator to ensure that appropriate resources are allocated to provide effective evaluation of players
- Identifies and selects coaches for each team in the division, in consultation with the Coaching Development Director
- Placement of players and appointment of team officials, in consultation with coaches
- Coordinates and helps to run drop-in sessions - create content or drills etc.
- Coordinate coaches and find volunteers for drop in floor times
- Assist with planning and find volunteers for come try it events
- Coordinates with scheduler to ensure the proper amount of floor times are available to hold team evaluations.
- Coordinates with Equipment Manager to ensure teams have adequate equipment and jerseys
- Provides President/Coaching Director/Registrar with necessary information regarding team list information
- Acts as the primary contact and communicator for parents and primary contact for coaches for information and news of importance from Titans, GELC and ALA, including information and awareness of the festivals and tournaments
- Create floor use licenses with the county booking department
- Copy floor use licenses to the treasurer to confirm payments
- Schedule U7 one time a week on WEDNESDAY (This is a half practice half game format)
- Schedule U9 one practice per week on Tuesdays/Thursdays (they will also play 1 game a week)
- Schedule U11 - U17 1 practice a week. They will also play 1 game a week.
- Teams that may request extra floors up to 2x a week (this needs to be reviewed at beginning of season for approval - even for A level)
- Preseason drop in floor times - can begin as early as Jan
- Tryout and floor times for evaluations - begin in Feb/Mar (need to review with Evaluation Chair)
- Schedule practice floors from March to July (need to review the start date with the GELC)
- Also need to confirm the dates the ice will be removed from the rinks
- Otherwise early season is booked at Millenium place on the soccer fields
- Certain rinks must be booked in 3 hour blocks (Broadmoor and SOC)
- MAJORS - RMLL will get 1st right to book certain rinks for games.
- (Check with Christine at RMLL)
- Work around game schedule from GELC for April - July for practices
- Check if U11 is going to have a re-shuffle and make sure to hold floor space for the new schedule. Usually occurs around the May-long weekend.
- Work around playoff schedule from GELC for last 2 weeks of June for practices
- Upload the practices to the website - through RAMP
- Give copies of weekly schedules to Strathcona county facilities to use for dressing rooms and floor information for net sizes etc.
- Offer open floor times to teams for use
- Help teams book exhibition games
- Help teams book SAP outdoor rink $15 hr
- Any travel teams wanting floor times can use our rate, but must pay for their own floors as they are not allocated any floors if they do not pay a registration fee.
Webmaster/Communications and Marketing Director
- Develops and oversees all website and social media operations of the Association including but not limited to the use of Association team microsites.
- Develops marketing materials for the Association in consultation with the Executive.
- Identifies marketing and/or sponsorship opportunities.
- Social media - promoting for the season, supporting the club and teams throughout the season, promoting and helping to grow the game of lacrosse (supporting Juniors, Majors, etc.)
- Create and distribute a monthly newsletter during regular season
- Respond to emails directed to the webpage or redirect to the proper board member
- Coordinate with Strathcona County Connect to posting online ads
- Submit ads for Strathcona Rec Guide (2 x a year)
- Order county signs for season come try it events and registrations
- Prepare and distribute mass communication/email to membership as needed pre-season and throughout the season (usually directed by the President/Vice President/Division Directors)
- Support membership using RAMP (coaches, managers, parents)
- Sync teams from registrations to the website
- Send login/app info to teams
- Tie-In login information with GELC (syncs our teams with the GELC)
- Update/maintain website
Coaching Development Director
- Responsible for the ongoing technical development of coaches in the Titans Program as well as ensuring coaches obtain required certifications.
- Liaises with GELC and ALA in the planning and organization of all NCCP clinics to ensure adequate training opportunities are available to coaches
- Works with coaches throughout the season to ensure that appropriate seasonal, game and practice plans are being prepared. Provides advice on plans and progressions throughout the season.
- Ensures a record is maintained of all coaches who have attained various certifications as required from time to time.
- Reviews coach applications
- Conducts Interviews for the A head coach positions (with a committee)
- Conducts Interviews for all other head coach positions
- Helps plan and coordinate coaching development days and programs
- Directors do not get to hire or fire coaches. This only occurs with specific direction from the board or CDC
- Pre-Season - helps division directors sort the number of coaches they will need and assists in recruiting head coaches or assistant coaches as needed.
- Reviews the GELC AND ALA certification requirements for coaching at each level.
- POST Season - helps create the coaching review survey to send to all registered players
- Creates an information package on coaches based on reviews, and notifies the board of any issues or coaches not being asked to return.
- Coordinates all Association tournaments as directed by the Executive Committee including ensuring all permitting, and budgeting.
- Organizes and controls a Tournament Committee for each Division in consultation with the Division Director regarding items specifically related to the Division in question.
- Inventories all Association assets related to the tournament annually to ensure they are safely returned to the cases and/or repaired as necessary.
- Responsible for all administrative matters regarding lacrosse equipment supplied to teams by the Association including the purchase, repair, cleaning and distribution of equipment to teams and the return of equipment after each season.
- Prepares equipment budget for upcoming seasons.
- Maintains an inventory of equipment on or prior to the start of each season and a closing inventory of equipment following the conclusion of each season.
- Establish policies and practices from time to time in relation to deposit requirements for equipment.
- Responsible for all administrative matters regarding merchandise the club is selling
- Maintains an inventory of club merchandise
- Coordinates with teams to order logo merchandise with approved logo
- Prepares orders for upcoming seasons (shorts, etc)
- Responsible for all administrative matters regarding fundraising at Bingos and Casinos
- Coordinates with the GELC for these
- Coordinates the volunteers needed for these
- Keeps track of credits for members who volunteer for these events.
- Coordinates with treasurer and registrar regarding all credits.