Job descriptions for Board members
Job descriptions for Board Positions
Age Group Directors (Voting Positions)
There is one Director for each of the Association’s age group divisions: Tyke/Mini Tyke; Novice; PeeWee; Bantam; Midget; Girls. The Director is responsible for the organization, implementation, disciplinary actions and oversight of the lacrosse program in their respective division. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Promote the sport of lacrosse and encourage new and returning registrants
- Liaise with the Registrar to determine registration numbers and the number of teams required.
- Liaise with the Evaluation Coordinator to ensure that appropriate resources are allocated to provide effective evaluation of players
- Identifies and selects coaches for each team in the division, in consultation with the Coach Director
- Placement of players and appointment of team officials, in consultation with coaches
- Coordinates and helps to run drop-in sessions.
- Coordinates with scheduler to ensure the proper amount floor times are available to hold team evaluations.
- Coordinates with Equipment Manager to ensure teams have adequate equipment and jerseys
- Provides President/Coaching Director/registrar with necessary information regarding team list information
- Acts as the primary contact and communicator for parents and primary contact for coaches for information and news of importance from Titans, GELC and ALA, including information and awareness of the festivals and tournaments
Responsible for the ongoing technical development of coaches in the Titans Program as well as ensuring coaches obtain required certifications.
- Liaises with GELC and ALA in the planning and organization of all NCCP clinics to ensure adequate training opportunities are available to coaches
- Works with the age group directors to choose coaches for the season.
- Works with coaches throughout the season to ensure that appropriate seasonal, game and practice plans are being prepared. Provides advice on plans and progressions throughout the season.
- Ensures a record is maintained of all coaches who have attained various certifications as required from time to time.
- Coordinates all Association tournaments as directed by the Executive Committee including ensuring all permitting, and budgeting.
- Organizes and controls a Tournament Committee for each Division in consultation with the Division Director regarding items specifically related to the Division in question.
- Inventories all Association assets related to the tournament annually to ensure they are safely returned to the cases and/or repaired as necessary.
- Schedule meetings with Team Tourney Reps and/or Committee. Ensure that Committee members and Team Tourney Reps are aware of their duties and responsibilities, Chair tournament meetings and remain active Committee member
- Prepare and submit a preliminary budget for Board approval
- Ensure any fundraising activities taking place during the tournament are approved by the Board to ensure that appropriate application and gaming requirements are met
- Act as liaison between Tournament Committee and the Board
- Complete final tournament financial statement and submit at the next Board meeting
- Announce date of tournament
- Invite teams to attend
- Confirm Rinks that will be used
- Organize with RIC the referees
- Register teams - collect payments & rosters
- Coordinate volunteers for weekend - time box & info desks etc.
- Order medals for Gold/Silver/Bronze winners
- Additional duties as assigned by the board
- Responsible for all administrative matters respecting lacrosse equipment supplied to teams by the Association including the purchase, repair, cleaning and distribution of equipment to teams and the return of equipment after each season.
- Prepares equipment budget for upcoming seasons.
- Maintains an inventory of equipment on or prior to the start of each season and a closing inventory of equipment following the conclusion of each season.
- Establish policies and practices from time to time in relation to deposit requirements for equipment.
- Responsible for the administrative matters respecting the booking and organizing and staffing AGLC events such as Bingos and Casinos for fundraising.
- Works with the treasurer to ensure monies raised are in compliance with AGLC rules and regulations
Webmaster (Communications and Marketing Director)
- Develops and overseas all website and social media operations of the Association including but not limited to the use of Association team microsites.
- Develops marketing materials for the Association in consultation with the Executive.
- Identifies marketing and/or sponsorship opportunities.
- Works with the board members for website information posting and up to date events etc.
The Vice-President shall be responsible for the routine duties which would otherwise be the responsibility of the President. The Vice-President shall in the absence of the President, assume the Presidents responsibilities and duties.
The Treasurer will collect and receive all fees and assessments and other monies to which they Sherwood Park Titans my from time to time be entitled to deposit such money into the bank account or accounts established for the use of the Sherwood Park Titans. The Treasurer will be responsible for seeing that proper books and records of all the Sherwood Park Titans accounts and transactions are maintained.
The Registrar is responsible for facilitating and arranging all registration activities for the Sherwood Park Titans as well as ensuring compliance with the registration rules and polices of the Alberta Lacrosse Association and the Greater Edmonton Lacrosse Council or their successors. The Registrar shall keep record of all Members of Sherwood Park Titans and their addresses and if available and requested by the Directors, the phone numbers and fax numbers and email addresses.