Season information by Division (2024)
The Sherwood Park Titans Association is a member of the Greater Edmonton Lacrosse Council (GELC). The GELC is our Local Governing Body (LGB) and is governed by the Alberta Lacrosse Association (ALA). Information about the GELC can be found at: www.gelc.ab.ca and information about the ALA can be found at: www.albertalacrosse.com
The GELC is responsible for the administration of lacrosse programs for Edmonton and surrounding areas and is responsible for scheduling all of our games: GELC 2024 Season Information
Lacrosse Clubs in Participating Communities
Communities that participate in league play are the Beaumont Raiders, Fort Saskatchewan Rebels, Leduc Crush, North Edmonton Wizards, Parkland Posse, Sherwood Park Titans, South Edmonton Warriors, St. Albert Rams, West Edmonton Blues, and Westlock Rock.
Associate members from Grande Prairie and Fort McMurray may also be participating at the U9 thru U17 levels, resulting in weekend games in the schedule against these teams.
- You must reside with in the boundaries for the Sherwood Park Titans box lacrosse club, to play for Sherwood Park Titans. See registration page for boundary lines.
- The lacrosse season for the Sherwood Park Titans begins late March with evaluations (for levels U9 - U17)
- The lacrosse season ends with City Championships: June 17-27, 2024, and Provincials July 12-14, 2024 (Hosted by Sylvan Lake/Red Deer for the 2024 season)
- League play starts in mid April with games scheduled by the GELC (Greater Edmonton Lacrosse Council) interlocked with other clubs in Edmonton and surrounding area
- Sherwood Park Titans offer many levels of lacrosse. The age divisions are U7, U9, U11, U13, U15, U17
- The U7 Division is not levelled or evaluated.
- U7 allows 1 reciprocal friend request
- U7 are usually on the floor 1 time per week on Wednesday (combination practice/game)
- The Sherwood Park Titans offer separate boys and girls teams from U11 - U17 (U7 and U9 are Co-Ed)
- The divisions for U9 and U11 are evaluated and levelled to attempt a level of parity between teams
- U9 are usually on the floor 2 times per week on Tuesday/Thursday (practice and a game)
- U11 players are usually on the floor about 2-3 times per week Monday through Friday (practices and/or games)
- There may be some games on weekends to play Grande Prairie/Westlock
- U9 and U11 is UNABLE to offer friend requests (teams need to be levelled)
- All women divisions (U11, U13, U15, U17) are levelled. They are evaluated to attempt a level of parity between teams if there are enough players for more than one team at each level.
- U13, U15 and U17 age groups get separated into tiers. There are 'A' teams and 'B' teams. These teams are formed by tryouts and selections during evaluations pre-season.
- 'A' level teams are usually on the floor a minimum of 3 times per week (practices and/or games), Monday through Friday.
- 'B' level teams are usually on the floor about 2-3 times per week (practices and/or games), Monday through Friday.
- The Sherwood Park Titans and the Beaumont Raiders join together for the A Team divisions.