When does the season start and end?
The regular league season begins in mid-April and runs until the end of June. However, teams that make it to Provincials will play until mid-July.
Where do games and practices take place?
We are members of the GELC (Greater Edmonton Lacrosse Council). Team practices take place in Strathcona County. Games are scheduled at facilities in Strathcona County, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, Leduc, St. Albert, Spruce Grove/Stony Plain, and (for select teams) Westlock.
What days of the week/times will my child play?
Except in the U7 and U9, games are not scheduled for 'set' days or times.
Our game schedule is set by the GELC at the start of the season. For U7 and U9, games generally will fall on a week night, in the early evening, at locations closest to 'home'.
The schedule for the 2023 season will be set once registration numbers determine how many teams can be formed, and when the ice comes out of the hockey rinks that we are allowed to play in.
Can I use my hockey equipment?
Can I request to have my child placed on a particular team?
We do not take requests for player placement on any level U11 and higher. We will take reciprocal friend requests for U7 and U9 only.
We will make every effort to form fair, balanced teams based on the number of registrations we receive and the skill level of players involved.
How do I pay the registration fees?
Registrations may still be accepted after March 15, 2023, space permitting. But these registrations will be wait-listed if the teams are full.
Go to the registration tab for all current registration information and the link to follow to register.
What tournaments will our team be in?
Coaches will decide with the team what and how many tournaments to enter.
- U7 only participates in the Wrap-Up Jamboree with all teams from the GELC on Father's Day weekend in June.
- U9 will participate in the annual Titans Classic (jamboree-style), June 2-4, 2023, for the first time this year! U9 also participates in the Wrap-Up Jamboree with all teams from the GELC on Father's Day weekend in June.
- U11 will participate in the Beaumont Raiders Mother's Day Mayhem Tournament that takes place on Mother's Day weekend. Depending on the head coach and team, there are other tournaments available at this level as well.
- U13, U15 and U17 will participate in the annual Titans classic, June 2-4 2023. Depending on the head coach and team, there are other tournaments available at this level as well.
- Female Teams (U11, U13, U15, U17) will participate in the first ever Rock the North, women only, tournament being hosted by the Sherwood Park Titans and Beaumont Raiders. Depending on the head coach and team, there are other tournaments available at this level as well.
What other commitments are there?
All Titans teams will need volunteers for head coach, 2 assistant coaches (or 1 assistant + trainer) and a team manager. In addition most teams often assign a parent volunteer to look after the jerseys (U11 - U17). Parents will also need to volunteer to score-keep and run the clock at all games. All teams that participate in the Titans Classic and/or Rock the North Tournament will have a minimum volunteer commitment to fulfil to help make our tournaments run successfully.
Minor Box Lacrosse Provincial Championships